Welcome to Tam's Brig Surgery
Tam's Brig Surgery has been on this site since the 1940s. It has been extensively enlarged and modernised over the years and is owned by the doctors.
The building accommodates the Primary Care Health Team of doctors, nurses, Health Visitors and Midwives and their staff.
Emergency Appointment Slots
Our appointment system enables you to pre-book appointments. Our on the day appointments are only for emergency situations where you need to see a doctor urgently and you cannot wait for a pre-bookable appointment. However these ten minute appointments are used very quickly. In order to offer more appointments, all of our doctors now have two extra appointments in the morning and the afternoon. These emergency slots are offered to you at a specific time, are for five minutes, and are only for one urgent problem.
We fit all types of long-acting reversible contraception
- Extremely reliable
- Contraception from 3-10 years depending on device
- Easily fitted
- Make an appointment to discuss today
- Coils/IUS/IUD fitted by all the female doctors (Drs Brown, Lunan and Roy). Please ask for a 30 minute ‘coil’ appointment
- Nexplanons (‘the rod’) fitted by all the female doctors and Sister Fraser. Please ask for a 20 minute ‘Nexplanon’ appointment
- Nexplanons removed by the female doctors. Please ask for a 20 minute ‘removal’ appointment. Please make an appointment to discuss first.
- Both coils and Nexplanons can be removed and a new one fitted during the same appointment.
- No more missed pills ever again!
More on the Mirena coil:
- The Mirena coil (IUS) can be used as part of hormone replacement therapy.
- Can be used for 7 years from the age of 45 taking you through the menopause.
- Also regularly used for the treatment of heavy and painful periods.
Please note that if you wish to make a complaint regarding your treatment or any other aspect of care by the surgery, we are unable to take the complaint via this website, it must be done by letter to the surgery, or using the complaints form held at Reception.
If you wish to order a repeat prescription:-
1. Request via our Website using the link below
2. Request via Telephone - 01292 262697 after 10.00
3. Use the form attached to your prescription and tick the items that you require
4. Complete a Repeat Prescription Request Form.
If you are requesting using the forms, please post the completed request in the repeat Prescription box at Reception.
If you have a query with your repeat prescription, the Receptionist will be happy to help you.
(Site updated 23/11/2015)