Welcome to Tam's Brig Surgery
Tam's Brig Surgery has been on this site since the 1940s. It has been extensively enlarged and modernised over the years and is owned by the doctors.
The building accommodates the Primary Care Health Team of doctors, nurses, Health Visitors and Midwives and their staff.
Mobile Telephone Numbers and Email Addresses
We shall, in the future be communicating with our patients by text and email as well as post. Please ensure that the details we hold of your mobile telephone number and email address are updated. You can use the online services change of detail link to update, or forms are held at Surgery reception.
Emergency Appointment Slots
Our appointment system enables you to pre-book appointments. Our on the day appointments are only for emergency situations where you need to see a doctor urgently and you cannot wait for a pre-bookable appointment. However these ten minute appointments are used very quickly. In order to offer more appointments, all of our doctors now have two extra appointments in the morning and the afternoon. These emergency slots are offered to you at a specific time, are for five minutes, and are only for one urgent problem.
Reading Well Books on Prescription
Reading Well Books on Prescription helps you to understand and manage your health and well being using self-help reading.
Reading Well Books on Prescription was launched in England and Wales in 2013 with a list for common mental health conditions including anxiety, depression, phobias and some eating disorders.
In January 2015 the scheme was launched at the Self-Management network meeting at Greenwood Conference Centre, Dreghorn. East Ayrshire Leisure and North and South Ayrshire libraries have copies of books which can be requested from any of their libraries for FREE.
For Further information:
Reading Well Books on Prescription: http://readingagency.org.uk/adults/quick-guides/reading-well/
Library Catalogue: South Ayrshire: http://library.south-ayrshire.gov.uk/
We fit all types of long-acting reversible contraception
- Extremely reliable
- Contraception from 3-10 years depending on device
- Easily fitted
- Make an appointment to discuss today
- Coils/IUS/IUD fitted by all the female doctors (Drs Brown, Lunan and Roy). Please ask for a 30 minute ‘coil’ appointment
- Nexplanons (‘the rod’) fitted by all the female doctors and Sister Fraser. Please ask for a 20 minute ‘Nexplanon’ appointment
- Nexplanons removed by the female doctors. Please ask for a 20 minute ‘removal’ appointment. Please make an appointment to discuss first.
- Both coils and Nexplanons can be removed and a new one fitted during the same appointment.
- No more missed pills ever again!
More on the Mirena coil:
- The Mirena coil (IUS) can be used as part of hormone replacement therapy.
- Can be used for 7 years from the age of 45 taking you through the menopause.
- Also regularly used for the treatment of heavy and painful periods.
Please note that if you wish to make a complaint regarding your treatment or any other aspect of care by the surgery, we are unable to take the complaint via this website, it must be done by letter to the surgery, or using the complaints form held at Reception.
If you wish to order a repeat prescription:-
1. Request via our Website using the link below
2. Request via Telephone - 01292 262697 after 10.00
3. Use the form attached to your prescription and tick the items that you require
4. Complete a Repeat Prescription Request Form.
If you are requesting using the forms, please post the completed request in the repeat Prescription box at Reception.
If you have a query with your repeat prescription, the Receptionist will be happy to help you.
(Site updated 14/01/2016)